As Mayor I will serve as a positive and constructive leader for the Council, our City staff, as well as the community.
After listening and learning this past 20 months, and living in Loveland 40+ years,
Some issues where I will put my effort in the hope that we can THRIVE:
- Maintaining the safety and quality of life amenities we treasure
- Retaining a sense of community as we grow
- Working to insure we can walk, ride bikes, or buses, and not just sit in our cars in traffic
- Continuing to expand open space around us
- Determining ways to help insure that citizens of our community can find a home that fits them
- Contributing in ways that insure businesses in every area of Loveland are thriving
Kathi Wright attended Kearney State College, and her first job was at the Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce.
After seven years, and promotion to Assistant Director, she moved to Loveland, Colorado in 1978.
She has worked for Kodak, Poudre Valley Hospital, Duke Publishing, Miniscribe, and the city of Loveland 13 years.
While working at City of Loveland, she began volunteering at a local teen center. She ended up as the Board President for several years, and merged that teen center with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County.
In October, 1999, after ten years of volunteering, she resigned from the Board and was selected by an interview team to become the Executive Director.
Kathi has been awarded:
- 2003 Executive of the Year for the SW Region
- 2008 Team Fort Collins Key Leader of the Year
- 2009 Colorado Lions Foundation Humanitarian Award
- 2009 Grand Marshall of Loveland’s Corn Roast Parade
- 2013 Jim Wetherington Southwesterner Award. This honor is presented to a Boys & Girls club leader in the region whose passion for the mission and ideals match those of Mr. Wetherington, a 37 year leader in the Boys and Girls Club movement.
- 2016 Biz West magazine Women of Distinction honoree in the Nonprofit-Human Services category.
- 2017 Kathi and her professional partner, James, won the Chamber of Commerce Dancing with the Stars competition.
- 2019 Member of Water Literate Leaders presented by Colorado State University and Community Foundation of Northern Colorado.
While Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County, she led capital campaigns and built two new 20,000 s.f. clubs – Fort Collins in 2001 and Loveland in 2009.
Kathi retired from Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County in March of 2018.
Kathi is currently a member of Thompson Valley Rotary Club, where she participates on the 4-Way Test Committee, is a camp counselor at Young Rotary Youth Leadership Award camp, and volunteers with the Duck Race.
She is a past member and past President of the Loveland Philo Club. She has been active with Thompson School District serving the Garfield Elementary PTO/SAAC and the Master Plan Committee.
She also served as a United Way volunteer for many years, serving as a loaned executive and as Special Events Coordinator. She also volunteered on the Allocations panel.
Kathi is mom to Joe, age 27.
“I am excited to endorse Kathi Wright for Mayor. She is the one candidate who has proven that she can be collaborative to get things done. Her main interest is seeing that Loveland continues to be the wonderful place we all choose to live in. She is not encumbered by political dogma or building a political career. It’s all about Loveland.”
Former Loveland Mayor
“It is with great pleasure and excitement that I endorse Kathi Wright as a candidate for Mayor of Loveland. As Mayor of Loveland almost 40 years ago I was privileged to work with Kathi at that time. She’s been deeply involved in our community ever since. She’ll do a great job.”
Former Loveland Mayor
“I have known Kathi for almost 3 decades and have and watched her strong leadership ability bring innovation, opportunity, and value to every program, effort and person she is involved with. Her commitment, compassion, and heart has built and expanded the Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County to what they are today. Their success was achieved through Kathi’s persistence and ability to build a strong, unified vision by engaging ideas and people, actively listening to all, developing relationships and bringing the never-ending positive “can do” attitude that builds unified support. Kathi has turned her efforts to the City of Loveland and is ready to channel her leadership skills for the betterment of the Loveland community as Mayor. I am endorsing Kathi for Mayor because she listens, will provide strong leadership, and has an understanding and respect for everyone.”
Former Loveland Mayor